Risk Management Course
July 18, 2017
The Risk Management Course is a one-day, in-person program designed for physicians and other health care providers to increase their knowledge of the most common areas of safety and liability risk in medical practice as well as gain tools and strategies to mitigate risk.
The course is specifically designed for Physicians, Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners, Podiatrists, and any other healthcare professional who want to enhance their knowledge of medical safety and liability risks, including mitigation strategies.
Participants will be expected to be onsite for the one day course. Presenters will use a number of teaching approaches including pre- and post-testing, lectures, group online activities, ample question and answer time, and a summary panel discussion at the end of the course.
After attending this course, the participants will be able to:
- Recognize common areas of increased liability and patient safety risk
- Apply measures to mitigate patient safety and liability risks
- Improve medical documentation, with special focus given to chronic pain management
- Examine patient safety and medical risks from a systems point-of-view
- Identify and decrease electronic security risks in your office or other location outside your workplace
- Recognize how cybersecurity risk assessments are performed
- Recognize the importance of diligent medication reconciliation with respect to transitions of care
- Incorporate elements of an evidence-based teamwork system that improves communication and teamwork among healthcare professionals.
The Texas A&M Health Science Center (TAMHSC) Coastal Bend Health Education Center (CBHEC) is accredited by the Texas Medical Association to provide continuing medical education for physicians. TAMHSC CBHEC designates this educational activity for a maximum of 8.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The presentation entitled “Improving Pain Management Documentation: The Texas Pain Rule” has been designated by TAMHSC CBHEC for .5 credit(s) of education in medical ethics and /or professional responsibility.
Course Date and Fees
July 18, 2017
Course fee: $495.00 per participant, $250.00 of that is non-refundable if you cancel before the course.